Job Description - Senior Tailings Engineer (19000473)
Senior Tailings Engineer-(19000473)
Would you like to work on challenging projects in the mining industry?
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Spanish team on a full-time contract basis, based in Madrid, Spain.
Are you a civil engineer/geotechnical/mining engineer with experience in mine waste management, tailings facilities and geotechnical engineering – please do not hesitate to contact us!
Golder offers a unique career development opportunity for an experienced engineer who would like to be a part of our market leading team focused on tailings facilities and mine waste management. You will play a key role in our innovative, technically challenging and highly differentiated projects through which we are delivering high quality solutions to our clients. Our projects often comprise several technical disciplines, which will provide you with the opportunity to continuously develop and strengthen your professional experience and profile.
The global Golder mine waste team consists of over 300 professionals that work in all aspects of detailed design from slurry and thickened tailings to co-disposal and filtered stacks. We work with industry leading mining projects and with the very latest techniques within the mine waste management area. In Golder you will have the opportunity for continuous technical and project management development and be mentored by the leading specialists in the global company. You will be a key person in our local, regional and global ventures and you will contribute to the development of our innovative, specialized and environmentally responsible solutions.
In this role you will lead and be responsible for advanced assessments- and detailed design projects within tailings dams and tailings facilities including associated infrastructure. Other areas of responsibility will be to lead geotechnical investigations, technical assessments and modelling for dimensioning. We would also like you to take an active role in the development of our business relationships with new and existing clients foremost in Spain and Portugal but also regionally. As a senior professional within our organization you will also be an important role model and mentor for your more junior colleagues.
As a person you are well organized, driven and accountable. You are engaged and looking to advance and strengthen your professional experience and you handle your work with integrity and flexibility.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in geotechnical or mine engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in the mining industry of which you have spent at least two years in the consulting industry
- Project management skills and experience of multidisciplinary projects
- Proven track record of business development preferably in Spain and Portugal
- Previous professional experience from working in Spain/Portugal is considered a merit
- This role requires a strong bilingual proficiency in spoken and written Spanish and English and a working proficiency of Portuguese is considered a merit.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- An international team with advanced experience and industry leading knowledge, which is shared through technical networks and collaboration on projects
- A global career development framework
- A working environment with a strong Health and Safety culture
- A collegial team spirit in one of the largest global employee-owned consultancy companies in Environment and Ground Engineering services
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role. For any questions regarding the position please contact Susanne Bergquist, Susanne_bergquist@golder.se and José María Prado; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Posting:Feb 26, 2019, 12:37:12 PM