JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 40’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe #1, Asia #1, North America #1, Africa #2 and Middle East #3. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This role will be mostly focused on Quality & Traceability Shop Floor and O2C/P2P processes as a part of large internal/external project/support organization.
Incumbent will be part of daily support organization and will be in charge of the maintenance and development of quality & traceability processes (customized with satellite applications by interfacing to SAP). In this respect the incumbent is responsible for resolution of minor and complex incidents & change/service request and to deliver timely and quality solutions.
Daily work will be 30% functional, 70% technical.
- Configuration and maintenance of SAP or interfaces that support the Quality and Traceability processes
- Guarantee an appropriate interface/data bi-directional transfer with satellite applications to the main application
- Perform Functional Analysis of internal customer's processes and prepare Blueprints and Functional Specifications, including process design/re-design and scope extensions.
- Develop relationships with internal customers (mainly Global Supply Chain) to understand their needs and priorities and deliver timely and quality solutions.
- Interact with cross-functional/remote teams to ensure consistent end-to-end business process design.
- Maintain up to date appropriate documentation
- JTI Madrid Office
- This is a global position within JTI. Having internal customers throughout the entire company may involve travelling during various phases of projects. Depending on the Projects’ schedule the time spend away from the home location may reach 10-15% of the total working time
- University degree, preferably information technology related.
- Independent and autonomous profile, who feels comfortable working alone, takes ownership of his/her responsibilities and and takes decisions
- Strong, mature personality, self-confident and resilient
- Self-motivated, looking for challenges
- Passion for technology
- Likes to solve problems and has an analytical mindset. We’re looking for someone who really likes to dive in the systems looking for solutions and is curious to know how the system is built and how it can be improved.
- Good at following-up tasks assigned to himself and to others
- More technically oriented but able to establish strong relationships with his/her internal customers from clarifying the requirements until delivering the benefits and supporting the delivered solutions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, high English level and multicultural sensitivity. He/she will work fully in English, on remote and with teammates, vendors and internal clients worldwide
- Attitude for Working in projects
- Availability for travelling abroad (10-15%)
Professional Skills and Background
- Expert in logistics processes
- Experience with interfacing SAP with external systems
- Practical experience in SAP Logistics modules (mainly SD and PP)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies is a plus: SAP QM, MM / IM/ ABAP (debugging), SAP Basis and Security, SQL Server / Oracle, XML, .NET Framework.
- Good technical document writing and reviewing skills