San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation's Vue team has an exciting opening at our San Mateo, CA headquarters. Our team supports the PlayStation Vue service, an industry leading streaming live and on-demand video platform. Our team ensures the overall health and performance of the PlayStation Vue service. This role offers an opportunity to apply your broadcast/transmission experience and to be at the forefront of the developing OTT/streaming video space. The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable and doesn't mind working hard and having some fun at work. If this sounds like you, than we'd love to hear from you, please apply below! Please note: this role is a 6 month contract role with opportunity for extension.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs day and evening shift-coverage and network surveillance or basic triage based on fundamental technical concepts
- Responsible for coordinating, executing, and troubleshooting (when necessary) the PlayStation Vue Live Event Blackouts and Market Protects for various regional & national networks in a 24X7 environment
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Escalate complex or undocumented issues to higher level technical resources (Sr. Operations and Engineers)
- Executes routine and documented functions in a technical area
- Collaborates with other groups and may communicate issues or project status
- Bachelor’s Degree in media/communications preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a broadcast/network operations environment
- Deep understanding of local & national blackout restrictions
- Technical expertise in troubleshooting broadcast/video feeds, video content, and e-commerce related issues and escalations
- Familiarity with content management systems, FTP sites, and VOD Distribution
- Familiarity with streaming video platforms; such as PS4, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc. is a plus
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, or equivalent tools
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in the OTT/video streaming landscape
- Ticketing system familiarity with ServiceNow or Jira
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.