- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- R&D West (London)
- Closing Date:
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
R&D are PlayStation’s technology experts. We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
Reporting to the Manager of the T&R team, and the Graphics Development team, you will work on delivering DQA solutions for the development of graphics technology for PlayStation R&D.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing C/C++ code and developing support tools
- Support and develop R&D software projects, focusing on graphics technology
- Support code quality, static analysis, continuous integration, bespoke test frameworks and other systems
- Communicating with teams in London and with colleagues worldwide
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable C/C++ programming skills to a good standard
- Knowledge of graphics technologies, systems or best practices.
- Strong technical background in software engineering, maths or computer science, educated to at least degree level or with equivalent experience
- Good team working and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
Nice to have
- Experience of source code control systems, build systems, compile environments, automation, VMs and other related devops systems and processes
- Knowledge of quality and software test best practices for APIs and console applications
- Knowledge or experience of Agile, Waterfall and similar development methodologies
- Knowledge or experience in Lua, C#, Python or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with Visual Studio and support tools
- Experience of Jenkins, Static Code Analysis tools, Code Coverage Games development background – especially in console development
- Experience in using testing frameworks such as CppUnit
- Experience in test automation
Benefits of working at R&D
- Technology development is not constrained by specific games/engines. There is time and space to research and develop cutting edge technologies
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with R&D teams in Tokyo and in San Mateo, with the wider Sony group, and with academia
- Innovation time for research and projects of your own choosing
- Opportunities to participate in global hackathons
- Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
Benefits of working at PlayStation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- London allowance
- Excellent in house training opportunities
- 25 days holiday plus national holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Free onsite gym
- Onsite bar open on Thursday and Friday evenings
- Generous staff discount across all Sony products
- Plus, many more exciting benefits
Equal opportunity statement
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Add Software Development Engineer, DQA to Basket >