Who we areKlarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
About the team
Engineering is rapidly growing and we are looking for new talent to join our Information Security team (InfoSec). Our team services the entire Klarna group working out of Stockholm (HQ), Berlin and Linden.
With a banking license and operating in the financial industry in several regions, Klarna is naturally highly regulated. Regardless, we strive to build the smoothest experience. Keeping our customers information safe and ensuring their privacy is essential to Klarna, hence our highest commitment to Information Security.
Germany has recently become our number one market and after forming our new Berlin location in early 2018 we are continuing to spin up many new greenfield teams.
What you will do
- The InfoSec team implements and follows up on our internal control framework and mapping to multiple regulatory spaces but we try to work in a smart way. We are trying to do away with most of the drudgery around Information Security control governance.
- A company in the cloud with a lot of developers, we try to build in security as code, allowing us to enforce security by default.
- You will be creating our Standards for security, spreading awareness, measuring the effectiveness, and providing assurance. For new solutions, services, and partners, you will assess the risks, do the necessary due diligence and review to ensure it is all up to par.
- Our InfoSec team finds new ways to drive awareness. Placing ourselves in our colleagues shoes and mindset, we try to understand how we can best influence them. That’s why we have a communication specialist amongst us and utilize many freelance artists to make our messages stick.
Who you are
- You have worked with Information Security for at least 5+ years. You have experience dealing with engineers, product developers, management and users.
- You may have experience working Amazon Web Services or other cloud based technology.
- You may have been an auditor or worked frequently with auditors.
- You should have hands-on experience with information technology in the past.
- You both know the individual requirements in the frameworks and understand the underlying principles for their reason to exist and the risks they try to solve.
- In your heart, you know there is a better way of doing things. Challenge the old dogmas of slow tedious information security work with miles of documentation and do away with the tick-the-box philosophy of security.
- Still, you are grounded and understand that security has to be explained, and that others need assurance that information is secure the same as we require the assurance from our partners and service providers.
- You love to try a new approach, think big, but are equally heavy into details. Setting out small and quickly try out your idea because you really want to see the results now not in years that can grow into something big.
- If you feel the description fits you, come help us redefine InfoSec.
We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
30 days of annual leave every year;
Generous occupational pension and insurance plans;
Flexible work schedule;International working environment in central Berlin;
Learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks;
How to apply
Send your CV in English and we will get in touch with you.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.