Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develops and/or implements (country) sourcing strategies and initiatives
- Understands business needs & engages with stakeholders to meet their priorities and requirements
- Plans and executes sourcing events to create a competitive advantage
- Prepares supplier negotiations, awards suppliers and conducts post negotiation debriefs.
- Translates results of sourcing strategies, initiatives and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing
- Develops and drives performance improvement programs and transformation initiatives
- Drives sourcing excellence and ensures consistent and sustainable application of state of the art sourcing methodologies and tool utilization along the Source-2-Pay process
- Manages supply agreements & contracts
- Monitors and controls contractual agreements and clauses over entire lifecycle and minimizes exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function
- Provides country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions
- Continuously conducts detailed supplier and supply market analysis at country level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and technology
- Analyses and understands total cost of ownership structures for area (s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models (e.g. performance- or indices-based pricing)
- Manages supplier relationships and implements supplier management principles in supply base, builds relationships and improves supplier performance.
- Incorporates company’s responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier relationships and ensures compliance through reports, audits and improvement plans
- Optimizes resource allocation to projects, tasks and responsibilities in order to deliver required business performance.
- Supporting companies’ cost & cash competitiveness
- Mitigating product supply risks
- Supporting time-to-market initiatives
- Improving the quality of goods and services
- Ensuring compliance to internal and external policies and legislation to protect companies’ social reputation
- Master or equivalent degree in science, engineering or business management
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills combined with strong collaboration, influencing and communication competencies
- Solid background and expertise in Procurement, procurement processes and methodologies (e.g. strategic sourcing and supplier management)
- Solid category expertise in Corporate Functions & Technical Community
- Financial acumen
- Analytical skills
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
This role is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract.
If you would like more information please email the team at Resourcing_uk@bayer.com
Country: United Kingdom