Your tasks and responsibilitiesWe are seeking a motivated SeniorCost Analyst. This position will be located in Mustafakemalpaşa, Bursa , reporting to our Site Lead.
As Cost Analyst, you will serve as the principal finance support and business partner for the local manufacturing site. In line with Monsanto accounting principles you will provide the economics & financial data to support the operational team and the management in their decisions and guarantee a continuous evaluation and accuracy allowing a best in class cost management.
Scope of this role:
- Compliance – Drive a culture of compliance within the production site where the costing team operates. Ensure clear and documented processes are in place to support operational excellence. Ensure costing activities are performed and recorded in SAP in accordance with Company, local and US Gaap policies. Support controllership and drive interactions with both external and internal auditors to ensure full compliance of the sites activities. Pro-actively adjust processes and address potential compliance issues linked with a changing environment or organization.
- Gather and deliver understandable financial data, including cost analysis with underlying explanations to support key business decisions. Develop analytical tools in order to drive an actionable view of supply chain performance indicators and share recommendations to seize opportunities or overcome challenges. Interact with production teams to develop and improve measurement, metrics and KPIs. Support key business decisions through analysis and simulation exercises during critical periods of forecast, budget and LRP.
- Continuous improvements – Identify and mitigate weaknesses in internal processes. Update training materials to reflect developments in costing methodologies and financial analysis. Leverage and share best practices and knowledge across local cost accounting teams.
Key stakeholders and connections
- 1 direct report (cost analyst/grower accountant)
- Key stakeholders in Supply chain: Local Production, Planning, Procurement, Quality, ESH, Engineering
- Internal Connections with Regional & Global Finance: Cost analysts/lead throughout Europe, Controllership, GSSC for costing, Global Finance for projects, Internal Audit
- External Connections with auditors and/or local tax authorities
- Supervise grower contracting and payment process, Lead and develop local cost accountant in order to perform successfully key costing activities.
- Calculate Budgeted Production Cogs for the manufacturing plant (following standard costing principle) as well as all local Non-Standard Costs; Prepare budget review for the plant with European management
- Monitor and forecast Actual production costs; Monitor actual cost variances, Support monthly communication and explanation of key drivers behind variances to Production LT during Performance reviews; Release quarterly the Estimated cost adjustments (ECA) to P&L
- Support GSSC to perform required closing jobs and prepare manual journal entries, analyze month-end results, B/S reconciliations and perform other month-end related activities.
- Calculation of transfer prices and mark-up for I/C transactions
- Active involvement in Inventory Control, Inventory valuation and Physical Inventory counts verification, Support and prepare inventory write-off requests for the plant and follow-up the discard requests based on the local tax legislation
- Contribution and support to accounting to complete accurate Turkish VAT declarations and local cost calculations
- Ensure accuracy of master data in SAP
- Ad-hoc requests/projects as required
Entry Level:Professional (m/f)