SENIOR TECHNOLOGY SALES PROGRAMS MANAGER – Italy & Iberia (Malaga)
The Technology Sales Program Manager (SPM) leads and drives the planning and execution of programs and activities to meet the pipeline and revenue goals for the OD South team. The SPM is part of the Regional Leadership team and is responsible for driving the demand generation function(s) for the Technology sales teams serving the Italy and Iberia market.
The role will provide demand generation strategy guidance and advice to Sales Leaders, Sales Directors, Managers, Inside Sales & telemarketing teams on best practice demand generation activities. The role also involves close engagement with Cloud Platform Representatives to ensure full execution against their demand generation plans. As part of the Europe South team, the SPM will also be entrusted with ad-hoc regional, cross-functional or International projects.
The Sales Programs Manager works closely with the Sales Leaders as a business advisor with a major focus on pipeline and future achievements. Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Drawing and driving a consolidated Demand Generation plan for the Italy and Iberia cluster (in collaboration with all the major functions involved: technical experts, sales, business developers, marketing, alliance & channel…)
- Aligning with Senior sales & marketing stakeholders in Oracle Digital supporting the region.
- Creating Sales campaigns that match the pipeline needs and the team’s strategic objectives.
- Coaching the Inside Sales teams on the creation of their territory and customer engagement plans.
- Rolling out sales campaigns & reporting on their execution and achievement.
- Tracking, measuring & reacting to the pipeline creation trends & pipeline stock.
- Leveraging multiple resources to achieve the sales team mission: Pre-sales, Technology Specialists, Senior sales executives, Data-mining, external data sources and agencies.
- Supporting the deployment of Social Selling techniques and tools among Sales teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience with marketing and/or sales, preferably in an international High-Tech arena.
- +3 years minimum of experience in Demand Generation and/or Program/Project Management
- Good business acumen and understanding of the IT environments.
- Good presentation skills
- Quality driven:
- Capable of navigating easily within a complex matrix organization.
- Strong sense of diplomacy and good influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: self-starter, self-driven, result-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, to deal with ambiguity through a complex and fast-moving sales organization.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Italian and Spanish are required. Portuguese is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle's sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle's products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).