Fluent Spanish and Italian is essential
Oracle is looking for a dynamic, high performing Business Development (BD) Specialist who thrives on the challenge of working in a fast moving cloud sales environment and who has a passion for technology and how it can help organisations succeed.The focus of the role will be to support our work across all our Industry sectors in the Italian and Iberian market, developing the pipeline for Digital Transformation opportunities.These are accounts where there is an expectation for the largest deals for Oracle, which are critical to the future strategy of the company.
Cloud computing, mobile technology and social networking have fundamentally changed the way we do business. Oracle is leading the way in exploiting these changes in technology to transform the way IT systems are designed, delivered and used by our customers. We have the most complete and modern cloud business application suite on the market, and we are re-defining the way businesses operate.
As a BD Specialist, you will be at the forefront of the Cloud revolution and report to the Western Europe Sales Development Leader, based in the UK. The primary focus for this role is to design and deliver the "go-to-market" plan, to drive measurable and significant growth for the services lines that support the finance function - Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Enterprise Performance Management Application (EPM) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) into the Italian and Iberian market.
They will also work closely with closely with Spanish and Italian sales specialists who, ideally bring senior level finance operational experience in one or more of financial services, telecommunications or manufacturing. The BD Specialist needs to work effectively across different lines of business within Oracle to ensure a consistent and, where appropriate, integrated approach to the Italian and Iberian market.
The Cloud Specialist has a key role in positioning Oracle Cloud as the compelling set of services to support the delivery of finance with prospective customers ahead of an active sales cycle. They generate business opportunities through prospecting market programs and working closely with implementation partners. The Specialist needs to develop and coordinate a robust network of relationships with customers and prospective customers that establishes Oracle Cloud as the preferred solution. Behind development of a clear go-to-market strategy, they need to develop and execute plans to successfully drive the services with Oracle Cloud as the preferred solution. They need to work closely with Industry sector account representatives, providing information on how services address specific needs, and assist them in using Oracle’s cloud-based services to leverage transformational engagements. They need to articulate appropriate sales plays, coordinate technical resources and support deals to successful closure.
The successful candidate needs to be fluent in Italian and Spanish, as well as English.They need significant hands on experience on Oracle ERP and/ or EPM Cloud, and may also bring an informed view on Oracle’s major competitors and how their offers are positioned within these sectors.Typically, this would be through some form of consulting role implementing these products.You will need to be comfortable presenting on ERP and/ or EPM elements, providing relevant expertise for our sales teams.
The candidate should have a good understanding of the issues faced by finance in supporting the effective and efficient delivery of Services and be able to work with colleagues to develop and present compelling points of view that will position Oracle as a key partner to successfully address those issues.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver enablement activities for sales team(s) that support their ability to articulate Oracle’s proposition for ERP and EPM and how it brings value to organisations’ finance teams;
- Support the development and execution of the ERP & EPM demand generation plan by working closely with key channels: Marketing, Alliance & Channels, Oracle Direct, Sales Directors and the Project Management Office (PMO);
- Engage with customers and prospects and personally own the early incubation of Finance Directors’ interest for prospective customer organisations, prior to them reaching a level where they are ready to pass to sales representatives
- Work closely with the local Alliance team to ensure partners that have a high impact on the Office of Finance are an active contributor to the demand generation plan and sufficiently capable to articulate Oracle’s value proposition;
- Have or develop a strong appreciation of the competition of these product lines within UK, and how to position Oracle’s strengths against them;
- Leverage Corporate and EMEA programs, replicate best practice demand generation activities and where needed by the business develop country specific demand generation initiatives
- Control Demand Generation results through analysis of pipeline evolution and define new strategies that may be required.
- Significant previous experience in the deployment of Oracle Finance Cloud/ Fusion;
- Must be fluent in Italian and Spanish
- Broad Sector Advisory and/ or marketing experience would be a plus;
- Awareness of the major competition in the Services sector (e.g. SAP, Unit4/ Agresso, Advanced, Workday)
- Ability to communicate at Senior Board Level/ C-level (CIO, CFO, CEO)
- Ability to work credibly with Partner/ 3rd Party Organisations
- Strong Communication Skills and an excellent team player
- Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results.
- Business and account planning implementation experience.
- Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial and highly motivated individual
- Highly energetic and personal drive
- Focus on results
- Working in a matrix structure with many stakeholders
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Customer Focus
- Good communicator and presenter
- Well structured and organised, able to prioritise
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle's sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle's products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 12+ years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to Travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).