Bedford, Massachusetts 06/12/2019
Save this jobJob savedApply nowApply now
Summary of Duties:
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software environments.
- Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning. Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration).
- Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
- Work with Customer and Technical Support to become an expert in understanding customer application and use cases
- Develop, test, and integrate code for new or existing software of significant complexity.
- Troubleshoots NetWitness application and integration, reliability, availability, and performance issues.
- Review end user documentation.
- Analyze test findings and document discrepancies to assist development in resolving.
- Provide sustaining or maintenance support to existing software environment, either by implementation or providing guidance to less senior engineers.
- Bachelors of Science (required) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. (Masters Degree is a plus)
- 4 ~ 6 years of experience working as an Application Developer or related occupation in a software development organization
- 5+ years of working experience with technology; Linux, Networking and storage are must have skills. Administrative level proficiency in UNIX/Linux preferred.
- Experienced working with Restful APIs and RabbitMQ messaging framework.
- Experienced with relational and distributed databases (SQL, Mongo)
- Experience working with GitHub and Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
- Proficiency in TCP/IP Linux networking, architecture and core technologies ( DNS, routing, iptables, tc, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Puppet, Chef or other similar technologies to support configuration and deployment of solutions on Linux platforms.
- Experience with working in a lab to setup and configure hardware, including firmware updates, storage options (DAC, SAN), and hardware components (HDD, NIC & memory). Understanding of storage protocols ( SATA, PCIe) is an advantage.
- Advanced skills working with Windows, Linux, Mac and Virtual machines frameworks
- Good understanding of performance monitoring and hardware limitations of Enterprise class hardware appliances ( Dell R620, 630s ..etc )
- Experience in deploying solutions leveraging cloud technologies such as OpenStack, AWS and/or Azure.
- Assertive communication and ability to influence cross functional stakeholders to take right decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here. Job Family: Engineering Engineering-DevelopmentJob ID: R86979 Apply nowApply now Bedford, Massachusetts