The roleWe're looking for a brilliant developer to help our new iOS team based in Madrid, Spain. We have a passionate, open and friendly culture and we're constantly reviewing our work, learning from each other, and sharing our knowledge.
Our Native Team at Kindred Group is a vital part of the tech team. You will be responsible for developing and integrating our applications with other systems within Kindred Group on multiple brands like 32Red, Unibet, Maria, iGame and Stan James.
The Tech organisation here at Kindred is driven by our company's purpose “To transform gambling to ensure fair play, the best deal and a great experience for our players”. Kindred is one of the largest online gambling companies in the world with over 20 million customers across 100 markets. The platform supports a portfolio of twelve brands, among them Unibet, Maria Casino and iGame. We are a continuously growing and fast paced organisation.
We are 300+ employees within tech working at five of our main locations; Stockholm, London, Malta, Gibraltar and Australia.
Some interesting facts about Native Apps and tech at Kindred Group:
- Over sixteen apps on Android and iOS
- Hundreds of thousands of active installs
- Over fifty app releases last year
- Back-end platform consists of more than 150 micro-services
- More than 25 million transactions per day
- More than 40 game providers integrated
- More than 20 payment providers integrated
What you will doYou will work as part of a team to implement great solutions to complex engineering challenges.
We strongly believe in the “You Design it, You Build It, You Test It, You Run It, You Tweak It” ethos and everyone is expected to take part of the full system life cycle to build great apps that customers will love.
We like to use
- Xcode 9.3, Swift 4
- Extensive use of Apple frameworks such as UIKit and Foundation.
- XCTest unit and UI tests
- Private shared frameworks
- Carthage, Git, BitBucket, JIRA
- Continuous delivery
- Best development practices
- Made extensive use of system frameworks such as UIKit, Core Location, Core Animation, Core Data
- Written apps for different device sizes using Auto Layout and Trait Collections, Storyboards
- Written asynchronous code, understand the issues, handle errors and when to use GCD versus NSOperation
- Written JSON handling network code without having resorted to third party libraries
- Written shared frameworks used by two or more apps
- Used Tracking Services
- Given and taken constructive feedon Pull Requests
- Communicated in English - verbal and written - to a high standard in a professional environment
Application processClick on the "Apply Now" button and complete the short web form. Please add a covering letter to let us know your motivation for applying and your salary expectation. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch soon.