Norwalk, CT, USA
FactSet has created a new role for an individual to lead our effort to create a market-leading buy & sell-side research platform for the media & telecom industry. The individual will work closely with our Content organization and Research business unit to expand FactSet’s strategy for Research solutions in the media & telecom industry. The successful individual will have experience in analyzing media & telecom companies. He or she will be responsible for defining a business plan to create a competitive product for the end-market in focus. Primary users include Investment Bankers and Sell- and Buy-side research analysts.
The Industry Lead for media & telecom will be involved in the implementation of new products and will guide the modification of existing products to improve FactSet’s workflow for clients focused on the media & telecom industry. He or she will be hands-on in all aspects of the product development cycle. Consultative sales visits with clients and frequent communication with existing clients will be essential to be successful in this role.
- Define requirements to create a market-leading research platform for the media & telecom industry
- Partner with FactSet Product Development to deliver client-facing applications and data delivery methods that simplify and enhance the workflow of users who cover the media & telecom industry
- Work with FactSet’s client-facing teams to sell the data and support existing and new clients
- Collect feedfrom clients directly and indirectly through FactSet’s client-facing teams
- Collaborate with FactSet’s Content Collection teams to deliver new content sets and to improve existing ones
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least some client-facing experience
- Experience analyzing media & telecom companies - experience in investment banking or sell-side or buy-side research analyst role is a plus.
- A general understanding of investment banking and asset management and the related analytical workflows
- Willingness to travel
- CFA preferred, but not required