You will be part of the Web & Digital Division in the Directorate General Communications. We are responsible for the ECB’s digital communications, including website development, design and content; digital content creation; social-media channel management; publications; visual communications including photo, video, design, and branding; and digital impact analysis.
We are currently working on a wide range of communications projects and initiatives to make the ECB even more accessible to different audiences and are therefore looking for trainees to join the Digital Content team.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply, irrespective of your gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Digital Content team you will:
- draft posts for the ECB’s social media channels, including Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- create engaging digital campaigns for different target groups – including experts, the general public and youth audiences – to make the ECB better understood, in close cooperation with other communications teams and experts from across the bank;
- work closely with graphic designers and multimedia experts to create innovative visual content for digital channels, including videos and infographics;
- draft and edit web content for the ECB’s websites;
- draft teasers to summarise policy-makers’ speeches, interviews and other key publications for the ECB’s websites;
- support day-to-day content planning and the longer-term editorial calendar.
You are curious and eager to learn and are passionate about creating digital content that resonates with and engages the target audience. You are keen to pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives.
This traineeship offers you an excellent opportunity to join a fast-pace environment and contribute to a broad range of communications activities. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of communications, political science, economics, journalism, English-language studies, or related subject areas;
- experience in producing communications materials for digital channels, including creating content for social media;
- the ability to translate complex information into content that resonates with different target audiences;
- awareness of the latest trends in digital communications;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, available at read more.
- a basic understanding of and a strong interest in central banking, banking supervision and a broad knowledge of current European affairs.
- experience in an international environment, including as a student;
- a basic understanding of social media engagement and content moderation;
- a basic understanding of what makes a communications campaign impactful and how to measure this impact;
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
Traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total.
The starting date is September 2019.
The recruitment process for this position may include remote written exercises and an online interview via WebEx.
Application and selection process
Apply via the "Apply Now" button.
For further information on how to join us, read more.