You will be part of the Financials team in the Market Infrastructure Support Division of the Directorate General Market Infrastructure and Payments. Our Directorate General manages all issues related to Eurosystem market infrastructures, platforms, applications and associated services in cash settlement, securities settlement and collateral management. We are currently consolidating our two major services/market infrastructures (TARGET2 and TARGET2-Securities) while exploring new business and technological initiatives.
As a trainee, you will join the Financials team responsible for accounting, financing, billing/invoicing and pricing for all the Directorate General’s projects and services. You will work closely with all its divisions and the national central banks of the Eurosystem.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply, irrespective of your gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or other characteristics.
As a financial analysis trainee in Market Infrastructure Support, you will:
- support the processes for invoicing, accounting and financial reporting of the Directorate General’s projects and systems;
- help analyse functional, regulatory and operational scenarios;
- work with colleagues within the Directorate General and other ECB business areas to accomplish the team’s tasks.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute directly to the work of one of the most dynamic and multifaceted areas of central banking, both from a business and a technological perspective. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, data science or computer science;
- a very good knowledge of Excel;
- a good working knowledge of the other MS Office applications, such as Word and PowerPoint;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, available at read more.
- knowledge of international financial markets, and the payments and securities businesses;
- an understanding of international accounting and financial reporting standards;
- experience with enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP;
- working knowledge of programming languages such as VBA.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
Traineeship of between six and 12 months in total.
The recruitment process for this position may include a remote written exercise and online interview.
Application and selection process
Apply via the "Apply Now" button.
For further information on how to join us, read more.