In this role you will be tasked for achieving a state of high quality performance at our Supplier partners through the application and practice of Advanced Product Quality Planning ‘APQP’ during the industrialization of Philips products/parts within the New Product Introduction ‘NPI’ process.
You are responsible for
- Participate in the Supplier Sourcing Process.
- Quality engineering capability assessments of potential new Suppliers.
- Core member of NPI project teams.
- Drive APQP plan development, execution, monitoring and control as part of the NPI process.
- Contribute to Supplier Project Book content.
- Support Design for Excellence ‘DfX’ collaboration between R&D and Supplier.
- Ensure critical to quality characteristics are flown down to Supplier.
- Part Submission Warrant plans, deliverables, line release and completion.
- Drive Supplier Quality improvement and development through APQP.
- Applies technical and soft skills as a seasoned professional.
- Interacts often with other internal functions and external partners at a level up.
- Provides detailed guidance to others periodically.
- Focus of influence primarily within own function.
- Works on assignments of high complexity where analysis of situations/data requires evaluation of new factors.
- Applies judgment in selecting methods and techniques.
- Resolves problems independently.
- Receives little to no guidance on routine work, general guidance on new assignments.
- Works on assignments of moderate scope and with accountability for functional impact.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Reports to Supplier Quality Engineering Manager / Supplier Quality Engineering Business Partner.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related engineering experience (medical device or regulated industry preferred).
- Wide-ranging experience within an engineering function.
- Well versed in Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Direct working relationships with suppliers
- Participated in several NPIs from start to finish.
- Direct shop-floor production engineering sustaining experience
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/philips-recruitment-process.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.