Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a Project Engineer for its Water and Wastewater Division within the New York City and Iselin, New Jersey Offices. The successful candidate will hold a degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution with the ability to obtain a NY State P.E. The position will perform multiple engineering functions or liaise with specialty groups within Mott MacDonald to produce engineering deliverables. Those functions will include rehabilitation, network modeling, site civil design, process mechanical design, stormwater planning, and resiliency evaluations.
- Conducts site visits to water and wastewater facilities and prepares condition assessment reports
- Organizes disciplines efforts to prepare design drawings for water treatment and distribution systems
- Writes specifications for products to be used in design, researches products being proposed
- Develops conceptual and detailed designs for Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Prepares presentation materials for meetings and workshops with clients
- Tracks progress on design using project management tools
- Assists Project Manager with cost tracking for task assignments
- Prepares technical proposals for new projects
- Contributes to winning new work through networking and showcasing company expertise
Candidate SpecificationPreferred skills:
- Engineering software: Civil 3D, Revit, Microstation, ArcGIS
- Presentation software: InfraWorks, Studio 3D
- Analytical software: HEC-RAS, StormCAD, InfoWorks, GEMS
- Communicates well in person and in writing, maintains composure under tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and plan for multiple deadlines across projects
- Detail-oriented and organized, able to work across multiple filing systems (Sharpoint, Projectwise, e-Builder)
- Familiar with NYC and NYS agencies preferred but not a must
- Technical skills may be in either Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Wastewater Process, or related field
- Corrosion Engineers welcome to apply, must have familiarity and interest in water and wastewater treatment
- Master’s Degree in Water Resources, Water Treatment, or Civil Engineering
- Must have familiarity with design and delivery process in water and wastewater industry
- P.E. or E.I.T. with ability to qualify for P.E. within 2 years of hire
- Ability to travel independently to remote job site locations throughout NY State and the surrounding area
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility within the water and wastewater industry