Job Description - Senior Data Engineer (19WD33375)
Senior Data Engineer19WD33375Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Senior Data Engineer
Location: Toronto- Canada
Job ID: 19WD33375
Position Overview We are looking for a savvy Senior Data Engineer to join our Growth Analytics team. The hire will be responsible for owning the end to end data architecture for Fusion 360. It includes
expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our growing team of analytics experts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The Growth Analytics team is responsible for identifying levers that directly impact growth and work closely with product, sales, marketing as well as leadership to . The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities to support Growth Initiatives and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS Big Data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Work with stakeholders including the Marketing, Product, Data and Sales teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Desirable experience in optimizing Spark pipelines by understanding the DAG and tuning drivers, executors, memory and shuffle partitions
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores with strong analytical skills related to working with large datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with relational SQL databases, including Postgres Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Oozie or Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena
- Experience with scripting languages: Python or Scala
- Experience in code management tools and deployment: Git and Jenkins
- This is not a job for the faint-of-heart but if you have the passion, determination and growth mindset, this is the job for you!
- The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing Big Data’ ETL data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark,, Hive, Athena, Presto, etc.
- We are looking for a candidate with 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role
About Autodesk With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.