Job Description - Financial Analyst - FP&A Legal, People and Places, Research (19WD33486)
Financial Analyst - FP&A Legal, People and Places, Research19WD33486Americas-United States of America-Oregon-Portland
Financial Analyst - FP&A Legal, People and Places, Research
Location: Portland, OR
Job ID: 19WD33486
Position OverviewAutodesk Finance offers a challenging and exciting environment for finance professionals. This is a Financial Analyst role that works directly with Legal and People and Places (PPL) business units to manage variable operating expense. There are tight deadlines and a need for accuracy, sensitivity, and flexibility. Effective communication, thorough self-review of your work product, proactive inquiry, and the ability to collaborate well with a team are required attributes to be successful in this role. This position will report directly to the Senior Finance Business Partner – Legal and People and Places and will also support the Senior Finance Business Partner – Facilities and Research.
- Joint ownership of quarterly forecast to accurately land the quarter
- Collaborate with the Corporate FP&A team and finance business partners and analysts to support overall division spend processes
- Point of contact for Legal Ops and HR business unit Managers and Directors
- Working with Workplace Resources (WPR) and Research senior analyst to load planning tools for variable and capital spend
- Working with WPR and Research senior analyst to analyze depreciation and amortization schedules, identify gaps and predict future costs
- Drive quarter-end reporting and processes for your business units
- First line of approval for all expenditures
- Provide recurring reporting on forecasting and forecast versus actuals
- Follow-up with financial analyst and external parties to ensure spend envelope is maximized in adherence with global standards
- Collaborate as a team member toward goals, process improvements, and ad hoc projects as needed
- Prepare quarter-end accruals and reclasses
- Frequent meetings with internal stakeholders to resolve their needs and support decision making
- 4-year degree in Finance/Accounting; and minimum 2 years of experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong customer service orientation skills
- Ability to communicate with a non-technical audience, understand business needs, and translate them into technical finance requirements
- Able to travel once per quarter to San Francisco, CA
- High attention to detail and passion for process improvements
- Knowledge of SAP GL, Ariba Purchasing, Business Objects, Access
- Experience working on detailed reporting with the bottoms-up approach
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Proven record working with a team towards continuous improvement
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Finance & Accounting
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.