Job ProfileMott MacDonald’s Overhead Line Team located within the Energy Unit based in Brighton is seeking to recruit an experienced overhead line engineer with the ability to manage their own projects.
Job DescriptionYou'll report to the team leader and be expected to undertake activities which will include the following:-
– Interpret clients’ requirements for new build or refurbishment schemes, and execute/supervise in-house detailed design or FEED activities
– Produce tender documents and specifications
– Fully cost and draft proposals for new work including programming
– Undertake comprehensive technical reviews of transmission tower design, line design, programmes etc.
– Carry out route planning and tower spotting - Ensure that all relevant technical and safety standards are applied
– Liaise with substation/cable/civil design teams to ensure that interfaces are covered
– Attend site visits (if required)
– Liaise with clients, consultants and team members as required.
Candidate SpecificationYou will have previous experience as an Overhead Line Design Engineer with a working knowledge of overhead line design including the structural design of transmission towers, development of loadings, route selection, profiling, internal and external clearances, foundations, conductors and insulators.
You'll need to have a Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and ideally be Chartered or working towards Chartership. You should possess a good working knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE, AutoCAD/MicroStation and Microsoft Project. The ability to use Staad Pro would be an advantage. You'll need to be prepared to undertake short excursions within the UK and also overseas to meet with clients and contractors as required. A high level of competency in written and spoken English is required regarding both technical and commercial matters.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
Flexible working:At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.