Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionMott MacDonald is looking to welcome a civil CAD designer to join our wonderful team in Pensacola, Florida.
This individual will be a core part of a team to develop and implement fundament standards and specifications instrumental to project delivery. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with others to produce accurate 3D and 2D drawings.
- Provide guidance to modeling team in three dimensional tools (MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit or similar BIM software).
- Managing model information, staying abreast of changes, and communicating with other teams to make decisions on modeling priorities and strategy.
- Producing "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings to company and industry standards
- Maintenance of models and drawing files on ProjectWise
- Recording of information and providing support to design staff during surveys/site visits
- Assist with information coordination/management of models and drawings.
Candidate SpecificationWe invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Experienced in structural drafting for commercial buildings, water/wasterwater, and/or marine structures
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit required.
Experience with MicroStation a plus.
- Structural detailing experience
- Two to four degree, or pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.