Job Description - Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships (19WD33489)
Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships19WD33489Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Location: San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR- United States
Job ID: 19WD33489
Position OverviewReporting to the Director of Design & Manufacturing Strategic Partnerships, the Manager will play a critical role in defining strategic partnerships for Autodesk in the Design and Manufacturing market. Working with the business strategy and product management teams, he/she will support defining, formulating, articulating and executing on our Design & Manufacturing partnership strategy. This includes creating business models & financial forecasts, identifying strategic rational, leading partner negotiations, and driving alignment between strategy, corporate development, product management, marketing, legal and finance teams.
This individual will assist in developing and managing our strategic partnership plans based on business and growth goals. Working collaboratively, he/she will roll-up their sleeves to drive partnership activities that support the go-to-market plans and overall business obbjectives of the Design and Manufacturing group.
The candidate needs to be an effective communicator who thinks strategically, writes concisely, speaks smoothly to large and small groups and is a coalition builder. He/she must have the appropriate diplomatic skills to work across a matrixed-organization and who can easily defend positions from a data perspective and mediate opposing views while working collaboratively with cross functional teams across Autodesk. The individual must possess a positive & can-do attitude – no mountain is too high to climb & no task is too small to execute.
Autodesk is in a period of rapid change as we continue to transform our business models and focus on providing subscription and cloud-based offerings to both existing customers and new prospects. The successful candidate will have significant input into the shape, direction and growth of the organization as we transition through this change.
- Work with business strategy team to rationalize partnership strategy and develop business plans around industry requirements
- Track partnership milestones and monitor business performance of ongoing partnerships
- Work with product teams to clearly communicate key partnerships necessary to meet buy/build/partner strategies
- Conduct internal and external research on the market, competitors, and potential partners
- Provide business rational for investing, co-marketing or co-selling with strategic partners
- Maintain close partner relationships to effectively represent the voice of the partner with respect to offer price, package, position, and business models
- Undergrad degree required; MBA is a strong plus
- 5+ year experience in software technology industry and/or familiar with manufacturing technology industry
- Solid background in strategy, management consulting and/or investment banking
- Ideally brings a track record in forming successful strategic partnerships
- Experienced with design and manufacturing technologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Power point presentation and excel spreadsheet guru – able to create compelling business plans and financial forecasts/models that resonates with senior executives
- Strong business fundamentals and a background in solving complex customer problems
- Exceptional customer/market research, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled diplomat with proven conflict-resolution skills, high level of confidence and maturity with solid experience working across large corporations in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to influence within a geographically dispersed global organization to build consensus within and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support for business objectives
- Demonstrated success using critical thinking to formulate strategic direction and success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation
- Experience working in EMEA and APAC is a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to build strong relationships, particularly with sales, field and product organizations and partners, and an ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
About Autodesk With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.