Job ProfileOur Sydney team is continuing to grow while providing Project Management services on some of New South Wales leading infrastructure and buildings projects. With this growth comes the opportunity for a Project Manager to join us as a key member of this small and focussed team. We pride ourselves on innovative solutions and ability to deliver to our clients and are seeking a Principal Project Manager preferably with experience in the delivery of buildings, transport, or advisory projects.
As the newest member of our team, you will manage projects through the early phases of implementation to construction and drive the program to an effective and successful conclusion. You will also manage relationships with the relevant stakeholders including the client, consultants, contractors and internal staff.
Job DescriptionThese projects will be based across several of our key areas in Advisory, Transport, Water and Building sectors, in New South Wales and across Australia, and will see you
working with clients closely across major airports, rail and infrastructure projects,
as well as advising across government programmes, infrastructure partnerships and major developments.
Your other key duties include:
- Coordinate project design teams consisting of architects, engineers, planners, environmental and other specialty discipline experts.
- Implementing and maintaining project controls
- Manage design and construction of building and infrastructure projects.
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships through successful projects and stakeholder coordination.
- Business development - Participate in and support business capture efforts.
- Review, monitor and report to external & internal stakeholders on project progress.
- Work cooperatively and proactively as part of a project management team.
Candidate SpecificationFor this role you will ideally be tertiary qualified and experienced in delivering buildings and infrastructure projects with a demonstrable experience in a similar role.
You will also need:
- Mature, local and relevant network connections in the local market.
- Experience and working knowledge of project controls, such as scheduling, risk management, cost control, change control and reporting. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills will be required. Primavera P6 skills will be advantageous.
- Ability to manage integrated multi-disciplinary teams.
- Diligent and able to analyse complex proposals.
- Has strong track record of ensuring programme performance and delivery.
- Has excellent communication skills and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent client relations, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proven skills in the business of consulting project management including cost and profit monitoring.
- A strong understanding of the Government decision making process and an ability to work Government clients through the process to lead and win work.
- A thorough understanding of the layers of the government and the process of project generation, development life cycle and delivery.
In turn you’ll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There’s no time like the present to make a change.