Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionMott MacDonald is seeking a civil engineer that will have the opportunity to work closely with our existing talented engineers on some of the largest projects locally and across the United States. Often working alongside a multi-disciplined team, your projects will primarily be focused in the Bay Area, but will extend throughout Northern California for some of the area’s biggest and most prestigious clients. You’ll often work across multiple projects varying in size and complexity and your responsibilities will include:
- Highway/Roadway design, contract document development, and technical writing.
- Preparing calculations for project elements related to highway/roadway design.
- Assisting in the preparation and modification of reports, plans, studies, and designs for project.
- Independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Extracting engineering data from various prescribed sources; processing the data following well-defined methods; and presenting data in formula, curves, and graphs.
- Reviewing various shop drawings and preparing preconstruction cost estimates for projects.
Candidate SpecificationEfficient, safe, and reliable infrastructure is vital to a country's wellbeing. Our engineers marry technical and business expertise to deliver innovative solutions that meet client challenges as well as the diverse transport needs of communities. We’re looking for someone to embody this ethos and welcome applications from highway/roadway engineer candidates with the following experience:
- A degree in civil engineering
- 5+ years of highway design experience, including roadway drainage/grading and/or traffic engineering
- California PE preferred, EIT required
- Experience with complete streets including bicycle and pedestrian pathways.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D design software is required;
proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads is a plus.
- Experience working in a team atmosphere to deliver multidiscipline projects