Job Description - VR Software Engineer (19WD33525)
VR Software Engineer19WD33525Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
VR Software Engineer
Location: Toronto- Canada
Job ID: 19WD33525
Position Overview Take this opportunity to be part of a team exploring creative design in VR! Project Sugarhill is a technology preview of immersive conceptual design workflows. Our goal is to explore the user experience and methods of shape creation that most effectively allow designers to leverage the power of VR, to more efficiently capture their ideas directly in 3D. https://cardesignnews.com/articles/resources/2018/08/spon-autodesk-xr-in-conceptual-design
In this role, you will be exposed to many areas of software development and a huge opportunity to learn and grow. There are tremendous opportunities to explore areas such as data structures, geometry, graphics, performance, and much more. You will gain the satisfaction of working on cutting edge technology that can have a huge impact on how designers work in the future.
- Work with the technical project lead and the designers to implement solutions for Virtual Reality
- This includes user interaction, devices and interfaces, and third-party APIs (Physics, Audio, etc)
- Continuously test, debug, and profile software on supported XR devices
- Investigate, identify and report problems via defect tracking
- Write concise, easy to read, and well documented code with corresponding unit tests
- Develop new tools and applications
- Collaborate with design, development, and product management
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Three to five years' experience in application development
- Proficient in C++ particularly Modern C++ (C++11)
- Game engine experience with either Unity or Unreal
- Comfortable with 3D math and modern graphics pipeline
- Passion for learning and software development
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- MS Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Familiarity with test driven development and agile practices
- Strong math (linear algebra and geometry) knowledge
- Knowledge of DirectX 11 and/or 12.
- Experience with using a scripting language like Lua or Python
About Autodesk With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.