Job Description - Senior Software Engineer (19WD33209)
Senior Software Engineer19WD33209Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 19WD33209
Position Overview Exciting career opportunity that provides a software development management role in the AutoCAD Engineering team, in Autodesk Singapore Research & Development center that is involved in the design and implementation of next generation features for AutoCAD and Platform products.
- Design, prototype, implement and test software features according to product specifications
- Collaborate with the extended team of software developers, product designers and quality
- assurance engineers across worldwide engineering sites
- Work as an integral member of a high-performance team making an important individual contribution
- Estimate effort and schedule for projects undertaken and complete them on time, adhering to pre-determined specification and quality standards
- Optimize source code to effectively leverage object-oriented design, development, and code reuse
- Work closely with QA in functional testing and problem resolution
- Work with tech lead or architect to maintain high quality code and architecture consistency
- A bachelors' degree or higher in computer science. Degrees in physics, engineering or mathematics will be considered with the relevant programming experience
- 5+ years hands-on programming experience in C++/C#
- Understanding and application of object oriented design, design patterns, complex data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with the software development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, such as Waterfall and/or Scrum
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Successfully completed two or more commercial software development cycles
- Experience developing applications using the ObjectARX and/or AutoCAD .NET API
- Knowledge of agile engineering practices such as scrum, test driven development & continuous integration
- CAD engineering experience
- Passion for developing robust software and writing maintainable code
- Keen interest in new technologies and their timely adoption
- Willingness to work extended hours as required to deliver projects
- Flexibility under changing conditions and ability to multi-task between projects
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Self-directed and require minimal supervision
About Autodesk With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.