In this role, you have the opportunity toAs a Business Planning Manager, you will gather and organize sales data from various cross-functional teams and systems to prepare for collaboration sessions with Target and Best Buy. The BPM will work with Philips Account Managers to support Sales and Operations meeting through performance metrics tracking, analytical trend analysis and various administrative tasks. The ideal candidate is passionate about turning numbers into stories, possesses excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, while demonstrating self-motivation to support.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)Analyzing data and opportunities for Target and Best Buy
- Generate customer demand forecast based on historic sales and promotional data including collaborative planning with the Customer and Philips Account Managers
- Maintain weekly/ Monthly forecast and document business insights/ assumption used to generate forecast
- Conduct forecast accuracy reconciliation analysis and use learning for future modeling
- Investigate cross-functional discrepancies to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Develop annual sales plan and forecast in conjunction with sales team for annual business planning
- Serving as a client and internal resource on industry trends and key functional areas such as analytical tools and marketing measurement
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Fostering creative thinking around how we use data, and we could use data to solve unique business challenges in support of all Marketing activities
- Providing and presenting strategic data-driven recommendations across channels to improve client decision-making and ROI
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have passion for analytics and capability to analyze data
- 2-3+ years retail background
- Strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Successful experience with 'Bottom Up' forecasting approach
In return, we offer youSharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
It is the policy of Philipsto provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.