Danish Crown Pork
Bugle, United Kingdom (GB)
Skilled Operator Packing - WeekendsIntroduction
“Have you experience working in a fast paced environment, organising both your work and those of small teams? We are looking for a Skilled Operator to work with our Section Leader in our small and friendly weekend packing team. You will be hands-on supporting the delivery of our orders, packing a variety of products and ensuring the labels are correct. You will be working at our Bugle site where we specialise in the deboning of pork legs and onward processing of that product in to gammon or the sale of smaller residuals. We have over a 100 different product lines we can pack for our customers, though not all at the same time!”
- To be a hands-on Operator supporting the delivery of daily performance targets for a designated area within the factory.
- Following a production plan and packing our products ready to go out for delivery.
- Ensuring the boxes leaving the site are in the standards expected
- Ensuring the right product is in the right box with the right label details.
- Workstations are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Delivery of the key performance targets for your designated area.
- Train and Coach team members to enable them to perform their work effectively, efficiently and safely to required standards.
- Act as a role model and lead by example demonstrating Core company values, behaviours and high-performance standards at all times
- Provide cover for other areas and Key operators
What we are looking for;
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with paperwork and tasks.
- Experience of working within a factory environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the product and machinery in Knowledge.
- Understanding of factors which affect efficiencies
- Understanding of production systems and IT systems.
- Will be positive, flexible and hardworking with a passionate commitment to quality
- Able to carry out the physical tasks that would be reasonably required
- Able to work within a team and independently
If you have experience of working in a fast paced environment, where each day is different, and passion for food, building relationships with people and working as one team then we would love to hear from you.
Training for the right candidate will be considered.
Further informationWorking hours 35 hours per week, 06:30-14:30 Thursday and Fridays, 06:00-18:00 Saturdays and 06:00-17:30 Sundays, with potential opportunity for overtime as required due to operational requirements.
Rate of pay £9.86 per hour (£9.26 basic plus On Target Bonus of £0.60)
Please send your application as soon as possible, as we review these continuously.
The Danish Crown group is a global food company and among the world & biggest in its field, and biggest producer of processed meat products. Group turnover is app. DKK 60 billion employing app. 26,000
At Danish Crown we focus on food in all parts of the value chain. Food is what we produce, and food is what we sell to customers and consumers across the world.