At Kongsberg Maritime, we believe in handling challenging problems and delivering excellent performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services, which are the basis of the solutions that deliver benefits to our customers.
We are at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector. One of the megatrends in the marine marked is electrification of the fleet. In Kongsberg Maritime we are expanding the activity in Electrical and Power and we are looking for a new talent to join our team.
The activity within zero and low emission solutions is increasing and we are looking for a motivated Product Engineer – Energy Storage to join our team based in Godvik, outside of Bergen. In this role, you will support the organisation with energy storage insights and expertise.
The following products are part of our Energy Storage Systems:
- Energy Storage Unit
- Energy Storage Converter
- Energy Storage System Container
- Energy Storage Charging Systems
- Engineering and development of energy storage systems.
- Calculation of load profile, energy loss calculation, power system analysis, lifetime analysis etc.
- Preparation of technical specification for sales and projects
- Preparation of documentation for projects according to regulations.
- Technical support for both sales and contract department
- Technical support for Services for products in operation
- Technical education from relevant discipline
- Experience with marine diesel / gas electric three-phase power systems for propulsion
- Master or Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering. Relevant experience may compensate for formal education.
- Experience with energy storage, preferably within marine power electric systems.
- English language, both written and oral.
- Good collaboration skills
- Professionally engaged and trustworthy
- Structured and accurate working method
- Able to work independently
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication