Your primary focus will be as part of the team responsible for the support and execution of the Payroll activities. It is expected, based on workload requirements and whilst maintaining a clear segregation of duties, that you will also gain valuable experience supporting Data Management (DMA) in the Customer Service team. Using your expert knowledge in executing core payroll tasks, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for the execution of routine transactional pre-payroll validation tasks as per the standard payroll service definition: Payroll Calendar, Trusted source list maintenance, Configuration Completeness, Data input review and Data entry completeness
- Responsible for the execution of routine transactional payroll tasks as per the standard payroll service definition: On-cycle process, Bank file creation, Tax and social ins. Reports, Payslip creation and GL creation
- Responsible for the completion of validation reports, error logs to closure and apply necessary controls
- Produce standard and client specific payroll reports
- Maintain a broad knowledge of NGA HR’s services: HR Administration, Talent Administration etc.
- Validation on the accuracy of data to resolve inconsistencies
- Answer day-to-day Payroll related questions and requests
- Participate in system and application upgrade testing as instructed by the Payroll Specialist or Payroll Manager: HRSP, EMR etc.
- Identify any deviation to Payroll Calendar and discuss with Payroll Specialist or Payroll Manager
- Update and/or maintain procedures and documentation about Payroll process as instructed by the Payroll Specialist or Payroll Manager
- Responsible for the execution of SOC1 Controls related to payroll
- Responsible for communication with client related to payroll outputs as instructed by the Payroll Specialist or Payroll Manager
- Validate impacts of changes made into the system for next payroll
In addition, you will be encouraged to:
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS (preferably in accounting) or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 2-3 years relevant experience administering Payroll or Health & Welfare/Benefits in an HR consulting, HR Outsourcing or Corporate environment.
- HRIS knowledge: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
- A very good understanding of external, client and internal compliance requirements
- Very good Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- A very good understanding of how the available tools/systems enable the delivery of service excellence and the ability to use these tools and systems effectively and consistently
- An understanding of the scope of services and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that apply to own role
- The ability to follow NGA HR Customer Service standards
- The ability to demonstrate excellent customer service/support skills
- The ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reasonably proficient in English language
- Fluent Swedish
It would be desirable if you also have:
- CIPP certification (or equivalent): training towards certification will be provided
- Willingness to rotate shifts, as needed
- The ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as, work independently and make sound decisions
Key Competencies and Description
- Be Accountable: Communicate effectively and generate the desired effect, understand responsibility of ones actions and have a positive sense of humour and outlook
- Solve Problems: Identify problems and escalate them, put forward creative ideas and understand changes and be adaptable
- Take Ownership: Seek clarity of role and understand individual and team objectives
- Be Client Centric: Meet the expectations of clients and understand the balance between external and internal clients
- Be Effective: Understand priorities and demonstrate your ability to set them individually, understand operational processes and know the NGA HR Way and values
NGA Human Resources is a global leader in helping organizations make HR work better, by transforming their business-critical HR operations to deliver more effective and efficient people-critical services. We help our clients become better employers through smarter, more streamlined data architecture and business processes — to save money, manage employee life cycles and support globally connected agile organizations. This is how NGA makes HR work. What sets us apart is The NGA Advantage. It’s a combination of deep HR experience and insight, advanced technology platforms and applications and a global portfolio of flexible service delivery options.
- One Team: Ours is an interactive environment. We celebrate our diversity and recognize the strength of what we can achieve as a united team.
- Innovation: We are a creative and resourceful organization. We have a talent for looking at things differently and are passionate about bringing new ideas to life.
- Speed: Our energy and focus means that we always deliver quality, quickly and efficiently
- Responsibility: We can count on each other. We personally take responsibility for delivering on our promises. We trust our colleagues to do the same.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence. Our internal and external customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to over-achieve.