Product Engineering Lead
This role is Part of the NGA Product Engineering within NGA HR Technology, Innovation and Solutions team and leading a strong international development team. This team develops our ever-evolving NGA HR Products Suite for our (internal and external) clients. You will report directly to the Director Enterprise Product Engineering.
You are an Enterprise grade HCM technologies addict with a passion for new (web) technologies, automation and measurement? You are aware that ABAP is not a music band and Docker is more than a shoe brand? All with a passion to build the right solutions for our clients. In a DevOps agile way with a twist of Scrum?
This global role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional who wishes to be at the heart of a rapidly expanding HR IT leader. You will be responsible for managing a selection of global and regional HR IT products that contribute to the strategic evolution of NGA HRs Product and Offering portfolio.
Your responsibilitiesAs the Product Engineering Lead you focus on product development and product engineering delivery quality within the NGA Product suite.
You will drive the roadmap and work with Product Marketing to set the product strategy aligned to the NGA HR strategy. You will ensure product releases are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Serving as the primary lead for one of our flagship products in Product Engineering working with Project Management, Client Implementation and client support teams in the delivery of new release and support of existing releases
- Managing of engineering resources to balance priorities and focus between new release development and support of the existing release
- Identifying and mitigating risk/issues in new release development or support of existing releases
- Organize and manage various resources to achieve completion of activities and deliverables.
- Flag and manage issues and / or risks that impact the delivery plan.
- Ensure adherence and compliance across global and country teams to these approaches and standard working procedures
- Drive DevOps practices into the Engineering Teams
- Evangelize NGA HRs product portfolio and roadmap both inside and outside the company
- Ensure clear direction is communicated to engineering and operations teams when defining and prioritizing features, enhancements, improvements and client requests
- Identify and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify trends and opportunities
Skills and Experience
NGA Human Resources offers you the rare opportunity of building a career in a vibrant, agile and growing organization, yet one with truly global client relationships and a wide range of opportunities. As a business, we have a clear sense of who we are, where we’re going and how we’re going to get there.
At NGA HR, we’re dedicated to our clients, and we operate as a single, global team striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. Talk to NGA HR and discover what A World of Opportunity can mean for you.
- Strong project management skills with passion for agile, lean and or DevOps driven methodologies
- High degree of IT literacy
- Data driven and SCRUM minded
- Demonstrate experience of managing resources in IT delivery
- Leadership for a team of 10 to 15 with a direct succession path as Director Product Engineering
- Ideally an understanding of the business processes in Human Resources Management. Knowledge in HR modules and Payroll and experience in hands on development
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail in solution requirement, build, unit test and documentation, to ensure deliver of quality software solutions
- Service-oriented and pro-active with a strong sense of accountability
- Experience capturing and clarifying business and service requirements
- A can-do attitude to analysing, prioritizing and resolving complex challenges in a collaborative manner
- Self-motivation and the ability to influence others to enable
- successful delivery of service development projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written in English with additional languages as a benefit
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or science
Our ValuesOne Team: Ours is an interactive environment. We celebrate our diversity and recognise the strength of what we can achieve as a united team.
Innovation: We are a creative and resourceful organisation. We have a talent for looking at things differently and are passionate about bringing new ideas to life.
Agile: We are adaptable, flexible and proactive. Our energy and focus means that we always deliver quality, quickly and efficiently
Responsibility: We can count on each other. We personally take responsibility for delivering on our promises. We trust our colleagues to do the same.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence. Our internal and external customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to over-achieve.
We work on the basis that our well defined Employee Value Proposition (EVP) allows us to describe the unique characteristics of NGA HR and why candidates should join our organization.
Speak to us to find out more about the World of Opportunity at NGA Human Resources!