Manassas, Virginia, United States
Job DescriptionYou don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics – whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Do you want to be part of America’s mission to explore outer space and “protect those who protect us”?
BAE Systems is looking for a ASIC and FPGA Engineers for our Manassas, Virginia Space Systems hardware design group. We are seeking an individual to perform activities such as requirements generation, design architecture, RTL coding, synthesis, test bench development, lab testing and product support.
You would be a member of the team whose products have been deployed in commercial, civil and national security space missions; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity. Additional work opportunities would include electronic warfare technology to deliver superior situational awareness, even in the most complex battlespace – defeating threats long before they can be seen. With this job, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of developing hardware from concept to deployment.
Typical Education & ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligibility to obtain one
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- Familiarity with Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus
- Digital simulation using Modelsim/Questa or similar
- Experience with designer-level test bench (VHDL or SystemVerilog)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Experience with ASIC design
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Experience being a CAM (Cost Account Manager)
- Experience with UVM/SystemVerilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe