Transaction Capture Analyst 1
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: None
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014171
- Join the EMEA Rates Middle Office team with a focus on Control and Regulation support functions for OTC Rates Business
- Ensure quality control over the trade details input into the Front Office risk management/trade capture system(s) by addressing discrepancies in the trade booking versus the Front Office execution parameters
- Manage and maintain controls over trade life cycle events including novations, unwinds, and amendments
- Analyze and comment on daily front-to-reconciliation and exception reports
- Investigate or escalate queries raised by Operations, Legal/Compliance, and Product Control while working towards a final resolution
- Review static and market data for accuracy and completeness
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting to the trading desk and Middle Office management
- Participate in special projects including, but not limited to performance analysis, implementation and support for new trading initiatives, and providing specifications and testing for new technologies
- Work with regional peers to communicate ideas and solutions to create a simplified scalable technology platform (TPS) with minimal touch points and maximum scalability
- Implemenation of new business and regulatory requirements (e.g. MiFID / BREXIT)
QualificationsThe ideal candidate will possess the following credentials and skills:
- Experience working with Interest Rate Derivatives, preferably in a Middle Office, Operations, or Product Control capacity.
- Strong Excel skills (VBA a major plus or knowledge of Access DB).
- Familiarity with P&L reporting and explanation including Fixed Income risk metrics, e.g. analytic Greeks.
- High systems aptitude with experience in system implementation and testing.
- Must be creative and open-minded as the Middle Office is looking to find the best possible solution for issues.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and under tight deadlines, as part of a team, and be incredibly self-motivated.
- Flexible with working hours as the position will occasionally require late nights and potentially weekend work.
- Familiar with Dodd-Frank and EMIR regulatory rules / ISDA definitions / Industry initiatives / Markitwire / DTCC processes
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.