Compl Risk Mgmt Officer EMEA Privacy
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19015040
Primary Responsibilities:Serves as a compliance risk officer for Privacy - Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply Privacy CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Privacy Compliance programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Analyzing complex comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements and to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified and addressed.
- Investigating and responding to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
- Overseeing the monitoring of adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures and preparation, editing, and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
- Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of Privacy related regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education level:Required: Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.