Site Procurement Manager MerakIndonesia - Mekarsari - Merak Apply now
Job ID 98072BRJob category Procurement & Supply Chain ManagementSegment Downstream Relocation availableNoTravel required Yes - up to 10%Closing Date21-Apr-2019
Role synopsis:The Site Procurement Manager (SPM) Merak, plays a pivotal role in realising Downstream Procurement’s (DP) aspiration to provide a world-class procurement service to the Downstream Segment. The SPM acts as the local face of Procurement for the Petchems site, wired into the business via a position on the site leadership teams. The role is accountable for day-to-day procurement support on-site and ensuring full compliance with the relevant policy, procedure and delegation of authority.
A primary focus of the SPM role is to understand the site requirements in support of operations, maintenance, projects and Turnarounds (TAR’s). The SPM is responsible for holding and developing an overall view of demand and an aggregated view of site needs and, in addition, creates and assures the delivery of the site plans, ensuring category initiatives are delivered for the site and their associated value is reflected in the site plans and reporting processes. The SPM is then accountable for delivery of the site plan.
The SPM is responsible for ensuring Procurement is delivering with urgency on commitments of safe, compliant, reliable, and efficient work activities in support of business operations. The SPM and their team will deliver value to the business by ensuring compliance to strategy and sourcing expectations, through demand management and optimization, as well as excellence in Supplier Performance Management. The SPM is accountable for ensuring the best category management expertise is in operation across the site and works in lockstep with Category Management teams to ensure that site requirements are met in terms of category strategy and that maximum value is delivered through implementation at the site.
In addition to direct line manager responsibility for Procurement Specialists, the SPM also manage all DP resources working on-site. It is the role of the SPM to establish a single Procurement identity and promote “one team”, providing leadership and oversight.
The SPM is responsible for working collaboratively with the Strategy and Excellence team to bring about the deployment of Functional Excellence at the site. Key to the role will be to bring together direct reports in the form of Procurement Specialists, and site based Category Management resources, and GBS to support operational tactical execution, along with world class category support to optimize the value brought to the business.
The SPM works with the category management organization to ensure that the best category management thinking and execution is brought to address the needs of the business. This will involve working globally, and across sites, to ensure that the value of the category management organization is fully realized.
- Act as primary Procurement interface with the senior level leaders across the Manufacturing Site, sitting on the site leadership team, and working with site teams to ensure customers are satisfied with their procurement service and understand its value and impact on their business
- Responsible for ensuring the DP team work as “one team” with the customer while leading a cross functional agile Procurement team
- Own relationships with key regional and/or local suppliers
- Provides performance feedback and expectations to category team and hub teams and GBS to ensure performance of the function
Demand & Planning and Strategy
- Lead site demand planning activity, synthesising business needs cross-category
- Challenges Site planning quality and timeliness to ensure good work products
- Provide supplier and demand insight to category teams to inform future category and sourcing strategy development
- Lead supplier performance management and compliance programs, including supplier planning, target setting and holding key meetings
- Participate in Global Category Management driven Demand Planning and strategic setting of goals
- As part of DP Planning, provides input to Strategy and Excellence function, category and hubs teams to ensure that value aligns and integrates with regional and country based finance plans.
- Lead site Procurement team to fulfil site business needs and implement global/regional category strategies effectively, localising category strategies as required, whilst ensuring the safety, reliability and quality of all Procurement activities on site
- Coordinate agile Category Activities at the site, leveraging global category teams, to ensure maximum effectiveness of functional excellence
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of sourcing and contracting (by category team / GBS) and P2P (by GBS)
- In collaboration with the Strategy and Excellence team, manage the delivery interface with services provided out of the GBS organisation, ensuring that the service delivered meets the requirements of business and Procurement stakeholders, and meets the requirements of safe, compliant and reliable operations
- Perform planning for contract management; ensuring teams lead all contract management activities including handover from Sourcing (working in close partnership with category teams and GBS), change negotiation, localisation, on-boarding contract holders (where applicable) and suppliers, contract implementation, disputes and claims, close-out and exit, and compliance management.
- Drives value delivery from compliance and demand management focus
- Leads and supports implementation of OMS 2.5 improve activities to ensure improved ways of working with contractors, ensuring procurement complies with BP LOMS.
TAR, Projects and Emergency Incidents
- Lead procurement planning efforts for TAR / projects and manage TAR execution
- Ensures seamless execution of Procurement milestones within Turnaround Common Process (Tcp) and Projects Common Process (Pcp).
- Coordinate and lead Procurement team response to emergency outages or incidents, as required
- Ensure proper procurement resourcing to support safe, compliant, reliable operations
- Coordinate and manage break-in (unplanned activity) support for TAR wavelength requirements coming from category management
Procurement Team Management
- Lead all DP team at the site, in support of establishing a single, united DP team;
- Directly line manage and develop Procurement Specialists
- Pro-actively involved in important above-site functions and fora e.g. Refining networks
- University or technical college degree
- Preferably a Procurement or Supply Chain Master’s Degree, MBA, MCIPs or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements:Mastery in the leadership of procurement teams, preferably at manufacturing site/s
Mastery in business acumen at a broader commercial level, including leadership positions outside of procurement disciplines.
Mastery across procurement processes including category strategy creation, category management, sourcing and purchase to pay
Skilled application in the mineral oil sector with focus on downstream, and particularly in manufacturing
Skilled application in negotiation and influencing skills
Mastery in management and team leadership skills
Mastery in senior stakeholder management and influencing skills
Mastery in leading virtual connected team and matrix teams
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Independent working, self-initiative
Demonstrated record of strong program management and ability to set and manage performance against value delivery targets.
Distinct strategic thinking and competence for the solving of complex problems in a changing environment
Results-oriented and able to orient the team to priorities and change management
Strong analytical and financial skills
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):Travel required (5%)
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Additional experiences with supply chain and project management from other sectors (e.g. from consultancy projects) desirable.
- Experience working in Indonesia or Asia and local language capabilities
About BP:We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Petrochemicals is a global business, with manufacturing facilities in 10 countries, a production capacity of approximately 15 million tonnes and around 1,700 employees. Our products are applied in many different ways, such as polyester fiber, food packaging and building materials.
We manufacture and market across the following main product lines: purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX), acetic acid and methanol, as well as olefins and derivatives through our refinery assets in Germany.
Our products are produced using our industry-leading proprietary technologies, which in some cases we monetise through licensing to third parties. We focus on deploying that technology to create competitive advantage.
We also produce speciality products such as metaxylene and are partnering in a new venture that uses our acetic anhydride to treat wood chips to produce high performance medium-density fibreboard. We are playing a part in the transition to a lower carbon future, launching PTAirTM, which supports a lower carbon footprint than average PTA production. Apply now