Maintenance SuperintendentUnited States - South Carolina - Wando Apply now
Job ID 98425BRJob category OperationsSegment Downstream Relocation availableNegotiableTravel required Negligible travelClosing Date21-Apr-2019
Role synopsis:BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Maintenance Superintendent provides leadership, coaching, resources, boundary conditions, cost management, and budget development to guide the Maintenance group to successfully accomplish plant and group performance goals, meet reliability and safety targets, as well as assure a competent workforce.
- Develops the yearly Maintenance strategy for the plant and provide input into the development of the yearly reliability strategy.
- Develops and implements execution plans to efficiently deliver the maintenance and reliability strategies.
- Develop and implement methodologies for improving Maintenance performance as site owner of the PetChems Maintenance Common Process.
- Assists the Reliability Supervisor in the development of a ten-year maintenance and reliability plan.
- Develops and implements methodologies for improving Maintenance performance with particular emphasis on increasing Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Works with Reliability Engineering to develop and implement improvement plans when needed.
- Develops and executes the yearly Maintenance budget including maintenance cost forecasting.
- Communicates and champions cost control. Reviews monthly maintenance cost reports proactively, identify improvement opportunities and develop plans to implement.
- Provides oversight of on-site contractors and provide assurance of competency, safety, and productivity.
- Provides assistance in the development of third-party contracting strategies working with procurement as well as the Contractor Accountability Manager.
- Works with counterparts from other sites to assure sharing of ideas and strategies occur.
- Champions safe work practices among work group and contractors.
- Ensures completion of scheduled PM and other repair activities in accordance with the weekly schedule.
- Supervises the Unit Maintenance teams by coaching and motivating team members to display desired behaviors and leading by example.
- Provides leadership training and maintain expectations of delivery by the team leads.
- Establishes boundaries and ensure ownership, accountabilities and priorities are set for team members to achieve results.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Teams and other customers regularly to ensure operational needs are met reliably.
Essential Education:B.S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience managing a function and supervising people.
- Demonstrated success applying systematic principles to improve effectiveness.
- Makes sound decisions through analysis of complex and/or incomplete data.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of business context.
- Effectively builds strong working relationships to enable communication and cooperation across all levels of the organization.
- Technical awareness of impact of manufacturing operations on maintenance issues.
- Ability to initiate and drive change.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with SAP to manage maintenance work, assign resources, and monitor progress.
- Experience establishing leading and lagging metrics to monitor health of maintenance performance.
About BP:We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Petrochemicals is a global business, with manufacturing facilities in 10 countries, a production capacity of approximately 15 million tonnes and around 1,700 employees. Our products are applied in many different ways, such as polyester fiber, food packaging and building materials.
We manufacture and market across the following main product lines: purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX), acetic acid and methanol, as well as olefins and derivatives through our refinery assets in Germany.
Our products are produced using our industry-leading proprietary technologies, which in some cases we monetise through licensing to third parties. We focus on deploying that technology to create competitive advantage.
We also produce speciality products such as metaxylene and are partnering in a new venture that uses our acetic anhydride to treat wood chips to produce high performance medium-density fibreboard. We are playing a part in the transition to a lower carbon future, launching PTAirTM, which supports a lower carbon footprint than average PTA production.
DisclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.