Sourcing Specialist - Manufacturing and operationsUnited States - Illinois - Naperville Apply now
Job ID 98497BRJob category Procurement & Supply Chain ManagementSegment Corporate & Functions Relocation availableNoTravel required Negligible travel
Role synopsis:The Sr. Sourcing Specialist is responsible for generating and implementing efficient sourcing strategies, managing sourcing and contracting projects and a portfolio of supplier base or contracts.
This Role will be responsible for managing procurement projects cross multiple Manufacturing Categories, Including Engineering Equipment & Materials, Manufacturing Operations (Catalyst and Chemicals), Engineering and Maintenance Services to support BP manufacturing sites in America, and coordinate cross Business Units Opportunities among Fuels, Petrochemicals and Lubricants.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will work intimately with downstream procurement teams, and the business to understand their objectives, requirements and boundary conditions and ensure these are reflected in all projects. The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will work in close association with global category teams, and global GBS procurement teams in other regions in strategy development and sourcing & contracting execution.
This role requires consistent project tracking and communication as well as gaining sound working knowledge of Market Sector requirements. The ability to engage internal customers and other functions within the GBS global organizations is required to ensure success of sourcing activities.
Key accountabilities:The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will take a key role as project managers for large sourcing projects to ensure value delivery and supply chain operation excellence. Manage several concurrent sourcing events, ensuring that all customer needs are understood, and structure and resource projects to deliver these requirements.
Ultimate responsibility for project content and strategy including:
- Spend segmentation and analytics, supplier capability matrix and segmentations, category strategy development support, sourcing strategy development and Contract Management for commodities/market sectors assigned to support.
- Tender development and execution in the system, and full management / reporting on the projects
Liaise with business stakeholders and category managers, clearly articulating process and project milestones.
- Driving Market Intelligence and Supplier innovation for procurement operation excellence and best practices.
- Lead GBS Global Category Virtual Network for manufacturing categories, Chair meetings and push agendas with global teams for cross region collaborations
- Manage internal and external resources to optimize client impact, also working closely with the US FVC Sourcing Specialist on executing sourcing events
- Produce reports and analyse data – project status reports weekly, monthly summary reports of metrics and quarterly summary reports for sharing with senior PSCM leaders and stakeholders
- Comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws, presidential decrees and other regulations.
- Act as a reliable and well trusted interface between the organization and suppliers.
- Identify business improvement opportunities, steer and track with key performance metrics through Procurement Dashboard.
- Research and employ innovative sourcing methodologies and strategies in order to ensure maximum benefit and value for the business.
- Build strong relationship with senior management teams cross multiple functions including Finance, Marketing, Procurement and Operation, at both Fuels and Lubricants Business Units.
- Bachelor Degree
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in spend management strategies and/or procurement, sourcing and category management
- Proven success in spend management >$100M.
- Understanding and >5 years of practice of sourcing methodologies and strategies in Manufacturing Segment
- Prior global supply management or commodity experience
- Strong interpersonal, motivating and influencing skills for interacting with team members, business partners, suppliers, and management
- Evidence of result-oriented approach and exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills with required proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload with considerable independence
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for producing and communicating comprehensive and concise reports
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):Ability to work in the Naperville, IL office location. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Procurement related professional certifications
- Systems experience in ARIBA, SAP, Sales Force
- Process mapping, value engineering and system integration experience.
About BP:We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Global Business Services (GBS) is BP’s shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston.
BP has established a Global Business Services in the Chicago area which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to businesses across the Americas. This GBS is part of an integrated network of Global Business Services to support strategic performance unit operations globally, providing cost optimization and process standardization, through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies. GBS is a dynamic, performance-driven organization that deeply values its customers and its people, and seeks continuous improvement in all it does.
All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
DisclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest).
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are a US-based applicant or you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event, system or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at BP US Application Assistance BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com,Telephone: 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
Eligibility RequirementsIf you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age.
Legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future. Apply now