Posted Date 5 days ago(22/03/2019 13:39)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
Your Profile1. Background:
- University Degree in Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Practical Shop-floor experience.
2. Technical Skills:
- Ability to think creatively and generate new ideas with deep analysis.
- Result driven, problem solver with strong Excel/Access skills.
- Capability to make decisions based for day-to-day operational problems.
3. Personal Skills:
- Ability to influence an organization
- Team player with strong personality
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG) is responsible for the distribution of:
- Globally produced vehicles to our European markets/retailers.
- Locally produced vehicles to our global markets.
These vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our strategically located hubs (logistic centres) where they are stored, customized, inspected and transported to the next delivery point (port, intermediate compound or retailer).
All operations are completed by Logistics Providers (LP), with a team of Toyota members ensuring consistency of direction and the achievement of customer requirements.
Our Team:Vehicle Logistics is constantly seeking to challenge our ‘Plant-to-Retailer’ lead-time, improve our delivery performance and reduce cost through the application of Toyota Production System.
In order to support the above, you will be joining Operations Development – Workshop team and your main function will be:
- Develop the best method to achieve the highest level of Safety, Quality and Productivity standards in our hub operations.
- Implementation of the best method to demonstrate that sustainable improvements can be achieved.
- Training the members in the Hub to be able to roll out and sustain the required levels of performance.
- Support our logistics partners in the hub to identify recurrent issues and develop sustainable countermeasures.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed