Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn global engineering, management and development consultant focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate: transportation, water/wastewater, energy, buildings and environmental.
Our project history in North America is vast. From the engineering of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, to the 30-year masterplan of John F Kennedy Airport. From Block Island Wind Farm, the first offshore windfarm in the US, to some of the largest water and wastewater projects across the US. Our project history in North America is vast.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionFrom the moment you join us, you’ll start to be immersed in what it’s like to be an engineer at Mott MacDonald. You’ll work closely with a professional engineer, alongside a team of engineers of differing experience and globally-recognized industry professionals. From your first week, you’ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills to start your career in engineering.
As an intern, your responsibilities may include:
- An introduction to conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
- An introduction to site inspection, investigations and monitoring
- An introduction to design calculation, computation using formula and preparation of calculations.
- Review, assist and modify reports, specifications and studies
- Introductory opportunities to use crucial software to civil engineering design related project
It’s not all just about work though. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team, offering discounted activities throughout the year.
Candidate SpecificationWe are looking for flexible and motivated students with a genuine passion for consultant engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for an internship position, you will currently be working towards a master's degree or a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or relatable discipline.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- A minimum GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Prior relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience preferred
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing