Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionWorking as a professional engineer in the Los Angeles transportation team - working on highways, civil engineering projects, drainage and utilities projects - you will foster a team approach ensuring that by example you inspire others to perform to their best.
Main elements of the role will include:
- Planning, feasibility, design and implementation of drainage and utilities infrastructure across a wide range of projects
- Ensuring that project design solutions are delivered to the highest standards and meet schedule and budgetary constraints
- Planning resourcing of projects and monitoring against budgets
- Preparing and monitoring work schedules to deliver projects to deadlines
- Responsibility for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Providing specialist technical leadership
- Active involvement in client management
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Developing BIM/Civil3D and other modelling software capability within the team
Candidate SpecificationOur ideal candidate would be someone who:
- has a BS in civil engineering
- has obtained a CA PE license, with five to ten years of experience
- demonstrates a record of successfully designing drainage and utilities provisions for transportation projects in the US
- planned and monitored project schedules to budgets and resources ensuring delivery to time and cost constraints
- has utilized standard industry software
- is able to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal)