Business Development EngineerNetherlands - Europoort - Rotterdam - Refinery Apply now
Job ID 97445BRJob category CommercialSegment Downstream Relocation availableNoTravel required NoClosing Date20-May-2019
Role synopsis:Major role in interpreting BP Raffinaderij Rotterdam’s business context – the competitive environment, trends in supply and demand of crude and products and product qualities, interactions with other BP Businesses and external regulatory influences.
To ensure BP Raffinaderij Rotterdam
- Has a coordinated site strategy which is documented in the Strategy Refresh and in the Asset Strategy
- Has a robust Capex portfolio consistent with the business plans and the ambitions towards a low carbon future
- Is connected to the BP central technology programmes e.g. Refinery of the Future.
- Delivers an overall refinery capability growth program with commercial income growth and lower carbon footprint
- Has a centre of expertise in financial analysis of investment decisions
Key accountabilities:The Business Development Engineer is responsible for:
- Analysis of investment options to improve competitive performance of the business.
- Contributing to the Asset strategy
- Coordinating the refinery long term Capex Plan.
- Bringing new technology ideas to the plans from internal (BP) and external sources.
- Facilitating the capital approval process, providing support to approvals which require central team support.
- Applying knowledge of refinery processes, feedstock and products to identify business opportunities.
- Leading development of business cases for specific projects with multiple sources of value.
- Identifying short- and long-term business risks associated with projects and strategies. Applying risk management techniques to mitigate impact.
- Authoring sections of the Asset strategy and preparing supporting documentation.
- Coordinates development of BizDev ventures with partners outside refinery gates (e.g. Air BP, Marine, IST, G&P, chemicals, Port of Rotterdam, Enecogen, etc). Moreover, holds relations with current commercial parties (e.g. Air Products, Air Liquide, etc)
- Performs investment option studies (using LP and other tools) and develops sound business cases.
- Applies and supports others in application of economic evaluation methodology
- Recognises business risk and brings it to the attention of others.
- Compiles supply/demand balances with assistance from others
- Helps develop the joint IST/Rotterdam Refinery capex plan.
- Helps develop de site energy transition portfolio
- Coordinates the long term (10 year) capex plan.
- Works with ATL’s (Asset team Leaders) to ensure that near- and long-term availability, TAR, Sustaining and Compliance Capex is identified early
- Works closely with IST to ensure that near- and long-term strategic projects (trading and chemicals integration) are identified and properly evaluated
- Participation in workshops/networking, to obtain a reliable picture about upcoming changes in product specifications and regulations
- Participation in workshops/networking, to obtain a reliable picture about upcoming changes requirements to meet the climate agreements
- Exchange of information within the refinery about changed specifications
- Convening of ad hoc working groups to understand the impact of specification changes and to propose appropriate measures.
- Carry out ad hoc studies/support of strategic projects..
Essential Education:Bachelor (BSc.) or Master (MSc.) Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements:Refinery experience with proven leadership and technical experiences in plant operations, commercial planning, supervision, technical support, negotiating with external parties and project management.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:Course VCA VOL
About BP:We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
As one of BP’s three regional fuels businesses in Downstream, Fuels Europe & Southern Africa is delivering today, shaping tomorrow. Our industry is changing faster than at any time in our lifetime. The world is mobilising to make low carbon a reality. We will help drive this transition, leveraging digital technology to modernise the way we work and keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
With nearly 7,500 employees operating in 14 different countries, we carry out refining, supply, sales and marketing activities to capture and sustain the most value from our fuels assets (including four refineries and 8000+ retail sites) and invest in our customer relationships. Along with support from functional teams providing specialist knowledge in the areas of safety, finance, information technology, procurement, strategy, communications, HR and legal, we also work closely with internal expert partners such as the Global Business Service (GBS), Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) and Global Fuels Technology (GFT). We are brand leaders with BP and Aral and also operate under our convenience brands Wild Bean Cafe and Petit Bistro as well as our partnership brands Marks & Spencer, Albert Heijn, Rewe, Pick n Pay and Piotr & Pawel.
In Fuels ESA we know that what we do is important for BP and for our customers. We safely manufacture, transport and market quality products, which fulfil everybody’s needs for warmth, light and mobility. As a market leader, we develop trendsetting offers and create convenient ways for customers to re-energise during a busy day. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where everybody can contribute and grow. And we are embracing digitalization and work towards a lower carbon energy future. Above all, our first priority is safe, reliable and compliant operations. Apply now