Job ProfileBe part of the solution - As the UK’s National Infrastructure Plan rolls on, projects in the power, rail, highways, aviation and water sectors need the input of talented environmental specialists to ensure the best outcomes for communities and their surroundings. We are passionate about providing our clients with sustainable solutions by constantly looking at challenges from a fresh angle, and are looking for like-minded, forward-thinking individuals to join our growing team in Cambridge. Our clients include HS2, Heathrow, TfL, Network Rail, the Environment Agency and a number of Local Authorities.
This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
For more information about our environment sector, click here.
Job DescriptionYou will join a highly collaborative group of environmental specialists, delivering a broad range of environmental projects and advisory services, with special focus on environmental impact assessments.
You will lead screening and scoping studies, and manage the delivery of EIAs and final environmental reports. You will also assist with the analysis of potential impacts, working with the wider multidisciplinary team to develop sustainable designs and produce mitigation plans, as well as reviewing technical reports produced by others. Opportunities also exist to support on the management of environmental issues during the construction phase of projects.
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications
- Full member (or demonstrable progress towards being a member of) Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental impact assessment (EIA) and relevant legislation in the UK
- Technical capability of at least one environmental discipline (eg: water resources, climate, health)
- Successful track record in environmental co-ordination
- Experience of ESIA (international environmental assessment practice) or environmental construction support or CEEQUAL would be desirable
- Experience of proposal writing or other business development activities would be advantageous
- Flexible to work away from your home office
- Excellent ‘self-starting’ capabilities
Equality, diversity and inclusion:Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
Flexible working:At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.