Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionMott MacDonald is currently seeking a specialist with technical experience related to building inspection to join our team out of our Iselin, NJ office. In this role, you will be working with the NYC Department of Homeless Services to completed the following tasks:
- Conduct Routine Site Review Inspections at 600 + Shelters, which involves coordinated inspections with the NYC Department of Buildings, NYC Fire Department, NYC Housing Preservation & Development, NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene and the Office of Temporary Disability Assistance;
- Conduct field assessments related to outstanding building violations throughout the five (5) boroughs;
- Discuss with DHS providers outstanding building violations and ensure DHS providers make all necessary repairs and submit back up documentation;
- Manually enter violation data received in PDF format from issuing agencies;
- Research building violations by going to different agency websites or other databases and;
- Perform additional duties related to the tasks listed above including assisting the division in other administrative/ facilities related assignments.
Candidate SpecificationWe welcome application from those who meet the following requirements.
- Bachelors of Science or Arts or 2+ years experience in a technical field
- Ability to take direction from others in inspection
- Communicates clearly with the client
- Familiar with NYC building codes, violations etc.
- Continually works to become familiar with the inspection process to efficiently inspect buildings
- Previous experience with Mott MacDonald preferred