Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion employee-owned management, engineering and development consultancy with over 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents.
We work across 12 sectors from management consultancy and project management, power, oil, gas, water and environment to transport, buildings and construction economics.
Our breadth of skills, services and global reach makes us one of the world's top players in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job DescriptionSpecification of geotechnical investigations;Our Cork office is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Engineer, (with 2-4 years experience), to join their expanding Roads design team to meet current and future workload.
We would like to commence discussions with interested, suitable candidates who will be given the opportunity to work on Roads based projects in addition to providing design support on large multidiscipline projects. The role will provide a range of challenging, dynamic and high-profile projects.
Engineers will be assigned a mentor and build on their academic qualifications and past experience with project related experience.
This will typically be achieved through involvement in the following tasks:
- Design and development of road alignments;
- Design and development of storm and foul drainage collection networks and water supply networks for roads and other applications;
- The use of proprietary design software packages including, for example, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, StormCAD and INFOWorks;
- Drafting of design drawings and models (2D, 3D and BIM);
- Specification of geotechnical investigations;
- Preparation of
Specifications, Bills of Quantities, Contract Documents;
- Report writing;
- Site inspections;
- Coordinating and reviewing project-related correspondence and incoming data, reports and drawings;
- Preparing schedules and cost estimates;
- Other ad-hoc duties.
Candidate SpecificationCandidates should have the following experience and qualifications;
- Hold a Level 8 degree in civil engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and good first principles knowledge of roads/drainage design.
Geotechnical Design/knowledge is desired but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to integrate into an existing engineering team and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines;
- Demonstrable report writing and computer skills. Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis techniques in Microsoft Excel is essential;
- Previous work experience in a design role.