Work will be presented in a web-based evaluation tool, consisting of short Map based tasks that need to be researched and evaluated.
Each task type comes with its own set of detailed instructions explaining how to research and evaluate the data presented in the task.
Map Quality Analysts will evaluate different aspects of mapping related information, such as
- Relevance (how helpful is the data for an online map user in your market?)
- Data Accuracy (is the data correct, and is it displayed in the ideal format?)
Researching the data will involve extensive online research, the human aspect of local and cultural insights is also very important when evaluating tasks.
- Fluency in Chinese & English is essential
- High speed broadband internet access from a home environment
- Working knowledge of local and national geographical areas
- Passing an online evaluation to demonstrate capability
- Experience/know-how of using online maps, route planning and point of interest research
- For cultural, historical and geographical awareness purposes candidates must be resident in China for the last 2 years.
The Job Will Involve
- Reading and applying written guidelines on how to complete the work
- Completing online mapping and routing related tasks
- Research, using online tools to investigate geographic accuracy of queries
- Ranking or rating information in relation to those tasks
The project will require availability of up to 20 hours per week.
This is a freelance, independent contractor position.