TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum engineering work experience (1 ~ 2 years) within a manufacturing engineering environment with a strong mechanical / electrical engineering bias, a knowledge and experience of working within a Paintshop equipment environment would be advantageous.
- The ability to provide effective communication at all levels and across function groups and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- French conversational language skills are strongly preferable however you are fluent in English (TME business language)
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated a willingness to travel and work in other engineering branch offices within Europe according to project / business need
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
The Vehicle Production Engineering function are responsible for new vehicle, equipment and material introduction. They hold responsibility for the full process cycle, from initial feasibility study by simultaneous engineering, through equipment design, installation and commissioning activity to final trial confirmation and handover to mass production
- Project planning, including compilation of equipment specification, investment planning and budget control, production feasibility studies etc
- Coordination with external equipment supplier and support towards the procurement process
- Master schedule preparation, management and progress reporting
- On site equipment installation management inc safety assurance observing local regulations and defined practices
- Commissioning and problem solving during system start up.
- Local trial co-ordination, on line production performance evaluation with collection and analysis of datas, and with subsequent reporting thereof.
- Manufacturing start of production support
Place of employment:
- Candidate will hold a primary (but not exclusive) support responsibility towards the Toyota manufacturing plant in Valenciennes (France) and will be based at that location
Apply via the "apply now" button.