Internship CAE Methods for Fiber Reinforced Composite Parts
Posted Date 22 hours ago(18/03/2019 09:48)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe –R&D Centre Zaventem -Belgium
Starting date: from March 2019
Please send your CV and motivation letter (English) to: email@example.com
Confidentiality:Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
- Masters Degree Student (Mechanical engineering, Polymer engineering or similar)
- FEA experience (Abaqus, LS Dyna), FORTRAN programming
- CAD experience with CATIA
- General knowledge about plastics and plastics processing
- Open personality: able to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality etc.
- Fluent in English
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Our Team:Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements. R&D aims to strengthen the Toyota image in Europe.
The Lightweight section of the Material Engineering Division is responsible for the localization, development and evaluation of metal and plastic materials used in the car, i.e. high strength steel, aluminum and fiber reinforced plastics for the purpose of reducing the weight of the car, thus contribute to CO2 reduction of vehicles.
Our function is to qualify European materials and to assure their performance: processability, strength and durability over the lifetime of the vehicle taking into account all the environmental aspects the parts will be exposed to (i.e. heat, chemical attack, humidity, etc.).
Your Responsibilities:The challenge is to apply and develop CAE methods for the development of Fibre Reinforced plastic parts.
1-Warpage simulation of injection molded plastic parts made from recycled CF
- Conduct injection molding trial of parts and measure warpage
- Conduct Moldex3D warpage simulation
- Analyse the accuracy between simulation and experiment
- Optimise the simulation methodology to improve the accuracy in case of insufficient correlation
2-Forming simulation of thermoplastic FRP sheets
- Compare different software packages for the forming simulation capabilities (e.g. LS Dyna/ Abaqus)
- Conduct forming simulation and compare to existing experimental data
3-FRP part design
- Develop a new part design concept based on FRP
- Implementation of concept into CAD drawing
- Assess the mechanical performance using Finite Element Analysis
Techniques learned: process and structural FEA, composites materials (design, processing, evaluations), material requirement for automotive applications.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed