Company DescriptionIKEA Transport & Logistics Services organization is approximately 500 persons globally with purchase volume of 2.8 billion Euros, working in the category dimension of Land, Ocean and Logistics Services. We are responsible for, plan, purchase, operate and follow up the service execution of transports and services. Securing the needed logistics services capacity at the right time, with the right quality, at the right cost and in a sustainable way; to continuously contribute to the goal of having 100% satisfied IKEA customers. Transport & Logistics Services has a new dimension with responsibility for end-to-end Flow Development based on 3 pillars: Optimization, Planning and Performance.
The role of Transport & Logistics Area Central Europe is to plan, purchase, operate and control transport of finished products from production units located in our area to all IKEA stores and warehouses worldwide.
Our goal is to deliver seamless transport performance into areas of operational excellence, cost, supplying quality and sustainability.
Our mission is to deliver IKEA goods under good quality, in the right time at lowest possible cost.
Our geographic scope of operations covers: Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Serbia and Moldavia.
Job DescriptionTo secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reaching customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost.
About the assignment:
- Logistical ("flow") performance: Secure logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective as it is defined by respective set of KPIs/PIs; within given geographical scope. Follow-up and implement actions within existing and new delivery solutions.
- Stakeholder management: Align with supply chain stakeholders on Area level to secure logistical operational performance, as well as create preconditions for smooth and efficient transport flow.
- New optimized replenishment solutions: Lead their implementationin in alignment with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify & define constraints together with internal/external stakeholders to secure preconditions for efficient transport flow and wished level of logistical performance throughout the year.
- Work with continuous Improvements.
- Contribute to the development of global working methods.
- Define the operational requirements based on Transport Operating frame with all relevant stakeholders, maintain them and secure they are captured in the defined transport set up and relevant documents.
- University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience
- Good Knowledge of Supply Chain and Logistics
- Capability of building effective and trustful relationships
- Experience in implementation of decided concepts, working methods and tools
- Capability to build fact-based business cases in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders and find win-win-solutions within the supply chain
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!If the above appeals to you, you might be the one we are looking for!
For more information or any questions regarding this position and the recruitment process, please contact Tim Vogel or Dietrich Bergen at +49 231 69676 208
The position is a fulltime, permanent assignment, located in Dortmund (Germany). Please note that we will interview continuously, so please send us your application online as soon as possible, but on 01.04.2019 the latest.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Internally we offer a mobility package according to the Inter IKEA guidelines.