Job ProfileOur water and environment business unit currently seeking a accounts assistant based in Cambridge on a three month contract, reporting to the unit accountant. This diverse and stimulating role will give you the opportunity to develop your career working within our highly skilled and growing finance team, providing a broad range of financial services.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job DescriptionResponsible for supporting the portfolio accountants at divisional level, in the following tasks:
- Processing of employee expenses in line with Group Directives and to an auditable standard
- Processing of Invoices, fee notes & applications for payment for issue to clients and maintenance of a billing diary with comments
- Facilitate the processing of purchase invoices in line with Group Directives
- Preparation of reports and liaison with managers for credit control purposes to manage billing, and collection of aged debt
- Provide financial information for projects and overheads for both project and divisional management
- Assisting in all aspects of the production of JV accounts
- Weekly processing of timesheet amendments
- Preparation and posting of financial journals
- Provide divisional staff with support on a range of ad hoc financial matters. This might include the use of our project management desktop (PMD) for project budgeting purposes and other financial functions /procedures.
- Perform other adhoc administrative duties as required
Candidate SpecificationThe successful candidate will be:
- Financially literate, numerically accurate
- AAT qualified or equivalent experience
- Has an excellent aptitude to working with and supporting colleagues
- Motivated to a career in accountancy
- Capable in using specialist financial software as well as having at least intermediate level competence in Microsoft Office programmes
- Comfortable embracing a full range of duties from data entry / processing through to communicating with project managers.