Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionWe’re looking to welcome an electrical engineer intern to join our power delivery team based in the Austin, TX.
Under direction and guidance of experienced engineers, as an entry-level electrical engineer, you will be tasked with providing electrical engineering in the design of high voltage electric substations and transmission lines. Work will include substation physical design, protection and control design, and design of transmission lines (overhead + underground), system modeling, and distribution design (underground, 35kV) for traditional and renewable power.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engineering/technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Accurate records and files
- Support of company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
Candidate SpecificationWe are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for power delivery engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for the electrical engineer intern position, you will be working towards a degree in electrical engineering or relatable discipline, with a focus on power projects (preferred).
We are looking for students with the following characteristics:
- No minimum experience is required
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.