Job ProfileMott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Job DescriptionAs an entry level mechanical engineer you will provide engineering support for natural gas pipeline, facilities, liquids, transmission, gathering, midstream and treatment projects.
Working alongside a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers, your responsibilities will include:
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; using BIM/CAD/Revit
- Design calculation, computation using formula and preparation of calculations.
- Review, assist and modify reports, specifications and studies
- Client meetings
Candidate SpecificationTo be considered for this position you will have less than three years post graduate experience and have achieved E.I.T. certification. Our positions focus on mechanical engineering, so you must have a Bachelor's degree in this area.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.